Wednesday, October 10, 2007

FIRST ANNUAL FORBIDDEN PLANET D&D GAME DAY




WHEREChildren's Aid Society
219 Sullivan Street
(between Bleecker and W. 3rd St.)
New York, NY
WHENSaturday October 27, 2007
11am - 3pm
3:30 pm - 7:30pm

  • Ever wondered how to play D&D? Is it just for Nerds and Geeks? Are you a Nerd or Geek?

  • This is your chance to find out the answers to those questions and more, and have some fun doing it.

  • Enjoy a great, imaginative, interactive game, run by a DM with over 20 years of experience.

  • There will be treasures available to take home and coupons given away for you to use for cool stuff at your favorite comic shop.

  • There will be adventure, excitement, and perhaps a bit of horror -- PLUS you'll be introduced to a medium for your imagination whose scope is boundless.

  • All for only six bucks.

  • RSVP Zane at sumofallbears@yahoo.com by Wednesday October 24th to reserve your spot.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger zane said...

as it was posted late, I am pushing the cutoff date to respond to wed Oct 24.
Zane

October 18, 2007 at 7:05 PM  
Blogger zane said...

Well. I can say that the first annual D&D game day was a success. We had six players ranging in age from 12 to over 35 and a good time was had by all. Stay tuned for more info , cause we may be having another one ssoner than 12 months from now.
Z

October 29, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Phill said...

The game was quite awesome.

A good mix of grizzled veterans (myself included) and newbies who picked up the concepts (and even the rules!) and ran away with them. My girlfriend played for her first time, and she had a blast.

Zane did a great job of running the game, even when we went off and did something else instead of following the adventure he had planned.

I will make an honest attempt to work "we should get the dwarves" into daily conversation.

October 30, 2007 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to thank Zane and Forbidden Planet for setting this up. I had an absolute amazing time for my first D&D game. Along with the players, Zane made my first step into the D&D realm a memorable one. It was exciting, fun, and humorous.

I can't believe what I've been missing out on all these years. Time to catch up on what I've missed out :-) Thanks again Zane for showing me what a game of D&D is all about!

October 30, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was my first time playing D&D and I had a great time! Zane was very animated and did a thorough job describing the rules. The adventure was also creative and diverse. - Ying

October 30, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

©2007 Forbidden Planet, L.L.C.
Design by AliceMeichi.com