Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Welcome to Shibuya-Cho

Okay, anyone who knows me knows that I am a Ghost in the Shell super-fan. I'm the only person in the city who bought all the special editions of each volume of the second season just for the little toys or soundtracks that came with them. I own two tachikoma plushes, and all the little plastic ones from the mystery boxes, PVC statues, videogames, and various toys, t-shirts, key chain, and messenger bags. Oh yes, Major Motoko Kusanagi has received many a paycheck from me.

Now that that's out of my system, you know why this week's article has to be about the release of "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society". I personally have been waiting for this to get here for almost a year. The movie itself takes place two years after the events of the second season. The Major has left the team (don't be mistaken, she's still the star of the movie) and the rest of Section 9 is called in to solve the case of the Puppeteer. someone has been hacking into people's cyber-brains to commit acts of terrorism using their bodies.

And what does "Solid State Society" even mean? Don't worry, it will all make sense by the end of the movie. Oh, and in case curiosity and fandom aren't enough to move you to see the movie, the action and intrigue of Masamune Shirow's unique brand of espionage never cease to keep you riveted. Especially if he only has 109 minutes (as opposed to an entire 26 episode run). I'll admit it, I squealed like a schoolgirl every five minutes while I was watching. So go. See it. Now!

Ja Ne!
Mat K.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

©2007 Forbidden Planet, L.L.C.
Design by AliceMeichi.com